[vtkusers] Universal Binary of vtk on Mac OS X... initial investigations...

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Feb 16 12:43:07 EST 2006

Sean McBride wrote:

>Have others in the past not wanted to cross compile vtk?  Is this the first
>time it's come up?

It's probably not the first time it's come up... but I think the
Intel/PPC Mac universal binaries might be the first really good reason
even to attempt it. There's not much of a reason to attempt
cross-compiling when your code base compiles nearly everywhere. It's
just easier to compile on the target platform than it is to get
cross-compiling working.

Feel free to enter a bug/feature request and convince all the other Mac
fans to vote for it. (Then figure out how to do it right and attach that
info / patches to the bug tracker entry...) I just got my Mac at work
three months ago - and *then* they came out with the Intel ones. :-)

David