[vtkusers] Extracting surface triangles (eliminating inner triangles)

bailleul jonathan jonathan.bailleul at utc.fr
Wed Feb 15 12:20:00 EST 2006

Thank you for your hint. Looking for the list designated me
vtkGeometryFilter as the right filter, but I didn't manage to have it
work. I should have noted that on my previous post...

So, my real question is: how to use this filter, since I'm stuck in
understanding the documentation, even after having read some example code.

Here is the very simplistic code I used for my test:

int
main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
   usage(argc, argv);

   // create object geometry
   vtkPolyDataReader *reader = vtkPolyDataReader::New();
   reader -> SetFileName(argv[1]);
   reader -> Update();

   vtkGeometryFilter *geom = vtkGeometryFilter::New();
   geom -> SetInput(reader -> GetOutput());
   geom -> Update();

   vtkPolyDataWriter *writer = vtkPolyDataWriter::New();
   writer -> SetInput(geom -> GetOutput());
   writer -> SetFileName(argv[2]);
   writer -> SetFileTypeToASCII();
   writer -> Update();

   return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

I'm sorry to put that topic on table once again, but I'm quite stuck on
it for now...

In advance, thank you for any suggestion,