[vtkusers] [query] good venue for publishing a dataset?

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Fri Feb 10 14:23:51 EST 2006

> I'm aware of the online Insight Journal, but from visiting the
> web page it's not clear to me that there's much life there, and
> due to the amount of effort that went into capturing this dataset,
> I'd rather not relegate it to a throw-away publication (of course,
> my perception of the I.J. might be completely wrong, and you're
> welcome to tell me that as well).

Ok I think before hurting people feeling we need more info, Where
exactly did you go ? I am looking at:
http://www.insight-journal.org/

And here are the latest publications:

Image projections along an axe (Lehmann, Gaetan) [revision #2]
February 7, 2006

N-D $C^k$ B-Spline Scattered Data Approximation (Tustison, Nicholas J.)
[revision #2]
February 7, 2006

Binary morphological closing and opening image filters (Lehmann, Gaetan)
[revision #2]
February 6, 2006

JPEG 2000 in Medical Applications (Malaterre, Mathieu)
February 3, 2006

An ITK Filter for Bayesian Segmentation:
itkBayesianClassifierImageFilter (Melonakos, John) [revision #3]
February 3, 2006

So either we don't have the same definition of 'much life' or I am
missing something, but seriously the last 5 publications are from this
month.

Mathieu