[vtkusers] how to access computation of scalarstocolors mapping

Deepak Roy cdeepakroy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 17:12:46 EST 2006

Hi kiran,

to my knowledge, vtkLookUpTable does not put any limit over the colors to be
added.

you can add as many entries to the table as you want.

vtkLookUpTable::SetNumberOfTableValues(  );

For each table entry, you can assign any of the 24 million ( 256 red x 256
green x 256 blue rgb combinations ) colors.

In essence you can use all the 24 million colors to the lookup table, and
refer to them using a linear color index - which would be your polydata
scalars.

Please read the documentation of vtkLookUpTable clearly ---

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkLookupTable.html#45e8946b4f0c250ec9ab8236bcc20a12

Regards,

Deepak Roy