[vtkusers] MangledMesa & VTK

Obada Mahdi omahdi at gmx.de
Thu Dec 28 12:58:44 EST 2006

Hi Randall,

On 12/28/06, Randall Hand <randall.hand at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I upgraded to a newer VTK hoping this was fixed (Paraview-2-6 branch) and
> recompiled everything.  Now my resulting renderings are completely blank.  I
> did have some issues with getting it to compile as it seems a few of the
> files in the Rendering directory have desynced between the vtkMesa* and
> vtkOpenGL* versions.  I manually resynced them (Just had to copy some
> function definitions in the .h files over) and it compiled.
[...]
> 2) How to I get MangledMEsa to work in the newer VTK releases?  Right now
> i'm getting either blank or random-garbage displays.

the vtkOpenGL* vs. vtkMesa* issue has been mentioned on the list some
weeks ago (working with CVS HEAD).  I've posted a patch here

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2006-November/088331.html

which has been reported to work.  There were some segfault-causing
problems not directly recognizable at compilation time, which would
ultimately produce NULL on erroneously down-casting Mesa instances to
OpenGL versions, due to missing name mangling in some vtkMesa*.cxx
wrappers.

Maybe something similar is causing the blank or garbage display in your case?

Just a hunch,

Obada