[vtkusers] SDF (SImple Data Format) reader

Jack Gundrum jsg3 at psu.edu
Wed Dec 20 13:24:12 EST 2006

Hi,

I am new to VTK, but would like to read into VTK some data from a
blackhole simulation that was written in a binary format called SDF.

The format can be read with OpenDX and is described by the following:

points = 9224
format = lsb ieee
interleaving = field
field = mass, locations, velocity, u, h, rho, phi, nbrs, ident, smom,
gamma, enthalpy
structure = scalar, 3-vector, 3-vector, scalar, scalar, scalar, scalar,
scalar, scalar, 4-vector, scalar, scalar
type = float, float, float, float, float, float, float, unsigned int,
unsigned int, float, float, float

How would I read this into VTK? Is there a reader or a header I could
add to the files that would work?