[vtkusers] Transform

Brian Chacko brianchacko at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 12 01:37:43 EST 2006

Hi !
  I am facing with a problem regarding a mesh deformation. I have a contour surface, i need to deform a part of the surface. How can this be done?

  I have tried using the following techniques
     vtkWarpTo - But the entire geometry gets deformed.
     vtkAbstractTransform - I have set new positions of a part of the mesh and tried to use the
                                      TransformPoints() method. i.e.

     - vtkPoints *points = vtkPoints::New();
     - points->SetPoint( i, x);  // i, is a set of point ids, x is the new position of this point id.
     - transform->TransformPoints(points,points);
     - transFilter->SetTransform(transform);
    this is the pipeline
      vtkDataSetReader---->vtkExtractVOI----->vtkContourFilter----->vtkBrownianPoints----   >vtkDataSet--->vtkTransformFilter (with vtkAbstractTransform input)---->vtkPolyDataMapper---->vtkActor---->vtkRenderer---->vtkRenderWindow----->vtkRenderWindowInteractor

  Regards,
  Brian