[vtkusers] Excluding filter from beeing executed

Markus Weigert m.weigert at fz-juelich.de
Fri Dec 8 08:35:22 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have a question concerning the execution of filters in pipelines (VTK5).
I use a pipeline of different filters for isosurface generation and display.
How can I exclude a certain filter from execution when the whole pipeline is being processed?
For example, I have vtkImageData which comes originally from ITK and which is linked to
a ITKtoVTKImageFilter and deals as input for vtkMarchingCubes whose polydata-output is
rendered.
After the pipeline executes the first time, the polydata is created and whenever the renderer
wants to update the pipeline, the polydata is newly created but I want to avoid this.
How can I tell the Marching Cubes filter not to update the output when the renderer claims
to update the pipeline?

Regards,
Markus