[vtkusers] vtkImageMapper and GetWholeZMax() question

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 29 06:23:17 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the vtkImageMapper class and the GetWholeZMax()
function.

I have an input volume of the following dimensions:

x = 256 .
y = 256
z = 120.

When I use the vtkImageViewer to display the data in the X, Y plane it
returns 120 as the number of Z slices available for display.

However, in the YZ and the XZ plane the number of Z slices is 199 (200). I
actually thought it should be 255. I was wondering if someone can explain to
me how exactly this calculation is done...

Thanks,

Anja.