[vtkusers] vtkImagePlanewidget and scaling behavior

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Mon Aug 14 10:02:36 EDT 2006

Hi Anna,

vtkIPW takes as input 3D vtkImageData and allows the user
to interactively cut through the image with a plane.  It's
sole function is to allow visualization and NOT modification
of the underlying data.  When "scaling" with the widget,
the size of the cutting plane is changed but the data it
cuts through is not.  In some intances, like when the widget is
cutting obliquely through the data, the size of the plane needs
to be scaled.  If you want to change the size of the image
you could use vtkImageResample on the upstream of your pipeline
before vtkIPW.

Dean

Hi everyone,

I am playing with the vtkImagePlaneWidget and I am wondering what the
scaling function is supposed to do.

When I hold the shift key down and scale a plane with the mouse, I notice
the plane getting scaled but the image contained in the plane is not scaled.
Is that the desired implementation? I thought the whole point of scaling was
also to change the image size as well.

Also, how is it possible to add this change? What changes do I need to make
so that the image resizes as well...

Thanks for any help you might give me.

Thanks,

Anna