[vtkusers] how to save loaded image slices into a matrix.

Dongqing Chen dqchen at cvip.louisville.edu
Fri Aug 4 00:11:46 EDT 2006

Dear All:

   Some code patches are listed below.

    Now the volume is loaded into the memory, how can save it to a 3D matrix? I can not find the member function to finish this task either from vtkPNMReader or vtkImageReader2 class.

// Load  Segmented Volume
    readerSegmented = vtkPNMReader::New();
    readerSegmented->SetDataExtent(0, N1-1, 0, N2-1, 1, m_Slices);
    readerSegmented->SetDataSpacing(m_X, m_Y, m_Z);
    readerSegmented->SetFilePrefix (SourcePath);
    readerSegmented->SetFilePattern("%s.%03d.pgm");

where: N1 is the width, and N2 is the height for each slice.

  I want to save all the loaded segmented volume into, say: SegVolume[N1][N2][m_Slices].

Best Wishes,
Dongqing Chen
Ph.D Research Assistant
Rm. 07, Paul C. Lutz Hall
Computer Vision & Image Processing (CVIP) Lab
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Speed School of Engineering
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY. 40292
U.S.A