[vtkusers] Re: How to compute intersection between surface polydata in vtk?

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Fri Apr 28 07:16:46 EDT 2006

Hi Uwe,

> 1.
>
> I am not so familiar with CMAKE, what do I have to do to compile
> //
> /vtkBioeng.zip/
> //
> I don't know how to deal with CMAKE for a seperate project.

Its pretty similar to building vtk...
- install or build vtk
- unzip vtkBioeng.zip perserving the directories
- open up cmake
- enter the source dir as where you unzipped vtkBioeng
- enter the binary dir as where you want to build vtkBioeng
   (an empty directory out-of-source is best)
- enter the dir where vtk was built/installed
- run cmake
- build as you normally would

> 2.
>
> Am I write that the version which is currently
> /http://www.bioengineering-research.com/vtk/vtkCollisionDetectionFilter.htm// is
> working for VTK /
> /lower equal version 4.5 but not for VTK 5.0/
>
> /(I am not successfull in getting a C++ Builder version for VTK 5.0
> because /
>
> /Borland does not create object files for the *.txx files)/
>
> //
>
> /(Nevertheless where can I get the latest version of vtkBioeng.zip.  /

The latest version will be here soon:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vtkbioeng

(sf cvs has been under maintenance for the last couple of weeks)

hth

Goodwin