[vtkusers] render oder of transparent object

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Mon Apr 24 08:57:10 EDT 2006

In order for your rendering to look correct, the polygons in your
scene must be rendered in the correct order.  First, make sure that
the actor(s) for the transparent isosurface(s) is/are added
last.  You may also need to use the vtkDepthSortPolyData
(http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkDepthSortPolyData.html)
filter, which sorts the polygons for a particular actor along the
view direction.  You could also try turning on back-to-front
rendering in the culler of the vtkRenderer (as shown below).  (By
default, the first culler in a vtkRenderer is a
vtkFrustumCoverageCuller, and this is the culler that provides the
SetSortingStyle methods.)

vtkRenderer ren
set cullers [ren GetCullers]
cullers InitTraversal
[cullers GetNextItem] SetSortingStyleToBackToFront

- Amy