[vtkusers] vtkPointPicker

de Boer Ingo I.deBoer at polytec.de
Fri Apr 21 02:19:22 EDT 2006

Hi,

I guess you mean this sample:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2004-April/073344.html

Just make the sphere invisible and visible only when you are picking.
Add

sphereActor->PickableOff();
sphereActor->VisibilityOff();

and
 if (m_pvtkActorSelection)
 {
     m_pvtkActorSelection->VisibilityOn();
     m_pvtkActorSelection->SetPosition(picker->GetPickPosition());
 }

greets
  Ingo

---
Dr.-Ing. Ingo H. de Boer

Polytec GmbH
Polytec-Platz 1-7, 76337 Waldbronn, Germany
phone: ++49 7243 604 106
fax  : ++49 7243 604 255

818.html

The sphere is used as a marker for the pick. When the program start up,
the sphere is already in view at a corner of the cube. Is it possible to
make it invisible until user picks on the points?

Thanks! =)
Sent from the VTK - Users forum at Nabble.com.