[vtkusers] vtkTextProperty::AntiAliasingOn in 5.0+

David Marshburn marshbur at cs.unc.edu
Mon Apr 10 15:10:31 EDT 2006

hi vtk'ers,

i'd like to repeat my question from friday about the antialiasing property
of text.

Re: vtkTextProperty::AntiAliasingOn
> it seems like this (and other) anti-aliasing hint functions have gone
> away in 5.0+.  is there a recommended alternative?  or is all text
> always anti-aliased now?
>
> (and, not just the global anti-aliasing hint, but per-object
> anti-aliasing)

from the cvs logs for vtkTextProperty.h:
Revision 1.8 (Sun Aug 8 16:24:40 2004 UTC by barre )
"enh: text global antialiasing is gone, it was used to facilitate the old
transition to Freetype, 2 years ago. Orientation is new. FaceFileName is
gone for the moment, always has been unsupported, makes cache trickier,
will add later on popular request."

i don't see anything in the logs about removing all antialiasing
functions, although the per-object antialiasing functions were removed
along with the global antialiasing functions.

is antialiasing now an immutable property of the font used?  what is the
correct interpretation of this change?

thanks,
-david marshburn