[vtkusers] IterativeClosestPoint (Target Setting Problem)

B.J.Prosser at cs.cardiff.ac.uk B.J.Prosser at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Tue Apr 4 08:18:56 EDT 2006

I am trying to ICP match 2 obj meshes. I'm having a problem with passing the
data into the vtkIterativeClosestPoint class. The error message I'm getting is:

ERROR: In /usr/local/src/VTK/Hybrid/vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform.cxx, line
271
vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform (0x9826640): Can't execute with NULL or empty
input

This occurs when ever i use the line:
icp SetSource [obj0cleanerICP GetOutput]

where obj0cleanerICP is a vtkClipPolyData object. I have tried passing the data
into the icp using other classes that i know have GetOutput methods, like
vtkCleanPolyData, but i get the same error.

Any clues as to what the problem might be would much appreciated

Bryan