[vtkusers] Picking thin/small 2d actors

Jesús Spí­nola jspinola at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 07:45:49 EDT 2006

Hi,

I want to pick 2d actors which are lines. They are thin, so you have to be
very accurate with the mouse to pick'em. Is there any way to make larger the
pick area so picking thin lines doesn't require to be so accurate?

I've been searching deeply on the mailing list about picking small or thin
2d actors but no success and I saw several people with a similar problem and
no concrete answer about if it's possible to do it or not.

I've tried to use vtkCellPicker setting the tolerance but I'm not able to
pick any actor. I'm using vtkPropPicker, could this be one of the problems?

Could someone give an answer about that? Any trick to make it possible?

If it's not possible 'cause vtk doesn't provide any mechanism to do this,
give me the answer too, I don't want to continue searching a solution for
something 'impossible'
Hope there's some solution.

Thanks in advance