[vtkusers] wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor segfault on x86_64

Magnus Hagdorn Magnus.Hagdorn at glg.ed.ac.uk
Mon Apr 3 16:53:35 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 22:48 +0200, Charl P. Botha wrote:
> On 4/3/06, Magnus Hagdorn <Magnus.Hagdorn at glg.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> > sorry about that. I'd love to. How do I get a backtrace running a python
> > program?
>
> The same as any other old program. :)  Make sure core dumps are
> activated (see "man ulimit" for example; tcsh has some other way to
> set the core size) and then, after the segfault, you should have a
> nice core file.  Now do:
>
> gdb python core
>
> At the gdb prompt, do "bt".  This will give you a clue about where
> exactly it's happening.  Do you also get the segfault if you run
> wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py itself?  (it has a built-in example).

yes, I was trying to figure out why my program suddenly started
segfaulting. I eventually worked out the it is
wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py. Also when I change my program to use
wxVTKRenderWindow it doesn't segfault, like wxVTKRenderWindow.py.
I will produce the backtrace tomorrow when I am back at work. Thanks for
the info about the backtrace...
Cheers
magnus