[vtkusers] wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor segfault on x86_64

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at cpbotha.net
Mon Apr 3 16:48:42 EDT 2006

On 4/3/06, Magnus Hagdorn <Magnus.Hagdorn at glg.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> sorry about that. I'd love to. How do I get a backtrace running a python
> program?

The same as any other old program. :)  Make sure core dumps are
activated (see "man ulimit" for example; tcsh has some other way to
set the core size) and then, after the segfault, you should have a
nice core file.  Now do:

gdb python core

At the gdb prompt, do "bt".  This will give you a clue about where
exactly it's happening.  Do you also get the segfault if you run
wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py itself?  (it has a built-in example).