[vtkusers] Problem in setting the proper input for vtkGreedyTerrainDecimation

Manoj Mohadikar manoj_mohadikar at persistent.co.in
Mon Apr 3 09:36:57 EDT 2006

Hi

   I need to use the vtkGreedyTerrainDecimation for decimation. I have
converted the vtkPolyData to vtkImageData

using the vtkProbFilter. Then I gave this imageData input to
vtkGreedyTerrainDecimation. But at runtime

I got error like

"vtkGreedyTerrainDecimation (0x0032F2A0): This class treats 2D height fields
only"

I am worried about how to give input to vtkGreedyTerrainDecimation(in 2D
format)? Shall I convert vtkImageData(3D) to vtkImageData(2D) (if possible)
?

Or am I going wrong?  Please suggest.

Looking forward for reply.

Thanks in advance