[vtkusers] Pseudo Animation Freezes Interactor

Mischa Thesberg mejthesb at swri.ca
Fri Sep 30 10:57:32 EDT 2005

I managed to properly texture my cone and now I have the image on the
cone changing every couple of milliseconds (which it needs to do) to
make it seem like a movie is being projected on the cone (it is really a
sequence of jpeg's).  The problem is while this repainting is happening
(which is always) the interactor is frozen by an hour glass and I can't
move or interact with the cone/actor which is important.  My animation
loop works as such:

        for i in range(100,260):
            time.sleep(0.03)
            givable = "C:/Conics/1-32-04/9-28-2005 1-32-04 PM-0%d" %
i+".jpg"  #cycle through the sequentially named jpegs
            jpgReader.SetFileName(givable)
            atext.SetInput(jpgReader.GetOutput())
            renWin.Render()

How do I make it so that the interactor is completely usable as this
stream of jpegs is being written onto it?  Hopefully it doesn't involve
complicated threading.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank You