[vtkusers] Problem with creating data volume from DICOM files data.

Łukasz Tutaj ltutaj at wp.pl
Fri Sep 30 07:46:15 EDT 2005

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> Łukasz Tutaj wrote:

>>> Łukasz,
>>>
>>>     GDCM web site is there:
>>> http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/
>>>
>>>     The install/compile instructions are here:
>>>
>>> http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/Installation.html
>>>
>>>     Please tell us what step is failing for you, and what
>>> information was misleading for you (we'll update the documentation
>>> if the doc was indeed misleeding for you).
>>>
>>> Thanks for your time
>>> Mathieu
>>>

>> Hi Mathieu,
>>      I'll try to explain you my problem. First I downloaded gdcm
>> version 1.0 for Win32 from:
>> http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/GdcmPackages/bin20050317/GDCM1_0_0.exe,
>> then I installed this on my computer. Next step was updating my
>> project, I added new path to gdcm/include/gdcm directory and
>> gdcm/lib/gdcm directory and also vtkgdcm.lib to "Additional
>> Dependencies" (I use MV C++ 7). Then I added line #include
>> <vtkGdcm.h>  to my source code and during compilation I got error:
>> fatal error C1083: cannot open include file: 'gdcmConfigure.h': No
>> such file or directory. What do you think about this. Where I made a
>> mistake?
>

> Could you take instead the source of gdcm 1.0 using cvs.
>
> http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/Cvs.html
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.creatis.insa-lyon.fr:2402/cvs/public co
> -r Version1_0 gdcm
>
> Then create a gdcm-bin directory, start cmake and build gdcm just as
> you would for VTK (select source and bin dir, then configure and then
> build with Visual Studio 7).
>
> Mathieu
> Ps: gdcm1.exe was build with visual studio 6, as far as I know, so
> it's better you don't use it.

Hi Mathieu,

    I did what you said. I took source from cvs, then using cmake I
configure gdcm and finally I built gdcm using Visual Studio 7. Here I
found some problems. During building occured some errors. All errors was
caused by the fact that it was impossible to find vtkgdcm.lib. Error
occured in gdcmTests, vtkWriteDicom, vtkgdcmViewer, vtkgdcmViewer2 and
vtkgdcmdemo. In all cases the error description was: fatal error
LNK1104: cannot opep file 'vtkgdcm.lib'. There were also 3 warnings in
vtkgdcmViewer2.cxx. Is it my fault with this errors? I think I did
everything properly.

Thank you very much for your help.
Łukasz Tutaj