[vtkusers] Improvements to the vtkQuadricDecimation

Jurek Dabrowski dabro3d at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 29 17:16:48 EDT 2005

hello list,

it took me a few hours to get a simple example, Mace.cpp, compiled and linked on a wintel machine, VC++ 6.0. all the vtk includes, libs, opengl, and glaux files, compiler switches, etc....finally works, phewww....anyway, i'm ready to move onto something more interesting.

i've had a look at the tcl examples for vtkQuadricDecimaton and there isn't much there in terms of showing how to use the improvements. also, i'm not a Tcl user. So, I was womdering if anyone knew of any C++ code snippets that demoed how to exercise this improved algorithm, short of my studying the code and trying to figure it out cold...

thanks,
jurek