[vtkusers] mesh overlap volume calculation

Derek W. Cool dcool at uwo.ca
Wed Sep 28 18:20:51 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have two nearly spherical vtkPolyData meshes that I want compare.  I
have used vtkMassProperties to look at the individual volumes of each
mesh, but I would like to calculate the volume that they overlap or
percentage of one contained in the other, etc.  Are there any vtk
methods to stitch together two meshes to get the overlapping mesh?  Or
is there a function that can compute the overlapping volume?  Or are
there any recommendations on what approaches to take to accurately
calculate this value?

Thanks in advance,
Derek