[vtkusers] Strange Artefacts with Surface Rendering

Tobias Mönch Tobias.Moench at Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Thu Sep 22 06:26:53 EDT 2005

Hi vtk'ers!

I've again some problems. I'm doing a simple SurfaceRendering of a brain using a
vtkPolyDataMapper (and some smoothing before). When I use no transparency then
everything is fine.
But if I set the opacity of the surface-actor to some value below 1.0 the
following happens:
The surface seems to turn its inside out when I rotate it in some direction
(sometimes it looks like this). It also seems that some parts of the surface
disappear when rotating (as it was clipped). It's no problem to rotate the
brain-surface back and then everything is completely closed as it should. But in
some special positions the described things happen.

Does anyone had the same problems or an idea what the problem could be?

I attached a screenshot where i marked where the surface already disappeared.

Thank you,
Tobias