[vtkusers] vtk 4.2 and 4.4 install problems on Mac OS X Tiger; event handling problems

Jason Yerardi jyerardi at cs.ohiou.edu
Tue Sep 20 19:44:19 EDT 2005

Thanks for the help!

I just saw that you're the maintainer for the package, so I'd like to
ask you a couple questions before I install it.

1. Does the vtk-py23 install for only the interpreted languages, or
does it also support Cxx projects?
2. Will the vtk-install affect the vtk I've already installed? I know
that what's installed works for Cxx projects, so I'd like to have
that as a backup in case something goes wrong when installing vtk-py23.
3. Do interpreted Tcl scripts run by the vtk-py23 software support
mouse and keyboard events?

If the answer to (3) is no, do you know of any method for how to make
events work in Tcl windows? I get partial interactivity with apps
built from C++, namely mouse support but no keyboard support --
keyboard presses are simply echoed in the terminal window. Do you of
any way to make keyboard interactivity work? Maybe some kind of
defaults or other tricks?

Sorry for all the questions. I hope you can help me out.

Thanks,
Jason