[vtkusers] Corrupted OpenGL graphics in render window for prism ia64

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Sep 13 23:16:43 EDT 2005

Remik Ziemlinski wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I tried compiling vtk 4.4 as well as the cvs version on a Prism vis.
> system with ATI Firegl X3 cards using GCC 3.2.3, however all the
> renderings are corrupted with random patches along the perimeter, plus
> trails left by props when interacted with.  A Mesa equivalent build
> doesn't have such problems, nor do other OpenGL built binaries, such as
> SPECviewperf, Qt demos, or the like.  Has anyone seen this before?
>
> I can see from the vtk Dashboard that
> prism.sci.utah.edu/Linux-sgi-ia64-gcc3.2 has 833 tests as N/A (these are
> precisely the tests that fail for our Prism).  Is this being looked
> into, and are there any hints as to how to resolve it?
>
> uname -a gives:
> Linux prism1 2.4.21-sgi306r6 #1 SMP Sat Jun 18 14:43:35 PDT 2005 ia64
> ia64 ia64 GNU/Linux

N/A are for tests that are not run.
prism.sci.utah.edu/Linux-sgi-ia64-gcc3.2 does not wrap VTK in neither
Tcl nor python therefore has a very limited subset of test running.

If you have an internet connection from the machine you are having
problem. I would suggest you submit a dashboard, something like:

$ make Experimental (from your build tree)

Let me know if you decide to do it (specify the name of the machine)

Thanks,
Mathieu