[vtkusers] Corrupted OpenGL graphics in render window for prism ia64

Remik Ziemlinski Remik.Ziemlinski at noaa.gov
Tue Sep 13 12:14:28 EDT 2005

Hi all,
   I tried compiling vtk 4.4 as well as the cvs version on a Prism vis.
system with ATI Firegl X3 cards using GCC 3.2.3, however all the
renderings are corrupted with random patches along the perimeter, plus
trails left by props when interacted with.  A Mesa equivalent build
doesn't have such problems, nor do other OpenGL built binaries, such as
SPECviewperf, Qt demos, or the like.  Has anyone seen this before?

I can see from the vtk Dashboard that
prism.sci.utah.edu/Linux-sgi-ia64-gcc3.2 has 833 tests as N/A (these are
precisely the tests that fail for our Prism).  Is this being looked
into, and are there any hints as to how to resolve it?

uname -a gives:
Linux prism1 2.4.21-sgi306r6 #1 SMP Sat Jun 18 14:43:35 PDT 2005 ia64
ia64 ia64 GNU/Linux

--
Remik Ziemlinski
NOAA/Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Lab.