[vtkusers] Re: vtkusers Digest, Vol 17, Issue 25

Kalle Pahajoki kalpaha at st.jyu.fi
Tue Sep 13 03:18:59 EDT 2005

Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

>Hi Kalle,

>    Kalle> #mapToColors.RemoveAllInputs()
>    Kalle> mapToColors=vtk.vtkImageMapToColors()
>    Kalle> mapToColors.SetInput(data)
>
>Adding an explicit mapToColors.Update() at this point seems to fix it.

On linux (with latest cvs) it seems to work irregardless of whether
there's an explicit update or not. I'll have to check my installation on
windows and re-compile the VTK and see what happens. But just as I
suspected, it's probably not a bug in VTK.

>BTW, just curious, how well does VTK-Python work when compiled under
>mingw?

The compiling is a bit slow, and made even slower because the Makefiles
have to be messed with everytime CMake updates them, but
other than that, I haven't had any problems at all. I had my share of
problems with Borland and Microsoft's offerings, so even if you leave
philosophical issues out of the picture, I think it's the easiest
free-as-in-beer solution for windows. But that's just my opinion.

Kalle