[vtkusers] Deriving custom Actors

Lim, Theodore T.Lim at hw.ac.uk
Tue Sep 6 12:07:30 EDT 2005

Hi,

How does one derive a custom Actor from vtkActor?

At present i'm following the code provided in vtkOpenGLActor. The changes i've made was only to the name, so the vtkOpenGLActor becomes vtkMyActor. I'm using it locally within my application and so removed the library export macro. Everything compiles fine and the instantiated vtkMyActor registers the correct mapper and such like. However, it can't be rendered. When added to the renderer (i.e. renderer->AddActor(vtkMyActor*)), an error occurs. The error reads:

ERROR: In .\vtkAlgorithm.cxx, line 510

vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper (02A90740): FillOutputPortInformation is not implemented.

Am i missing something? Any help or ideas wil be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Theo.