[vtkusers] 3D surface using in memory binary data in python

Brian Ramos vtkusers at brianramos.com
Thu Sep 1 15:05:04 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to VTK and I'm having trouble using binary data in memory.
  Basically what I have is a python string with binary data (floating
point, atm) that represents height and I'd like to display it as a
surface.  The X and Y coordinates I need to generate programatically but
they're simple a regular array (about 200x200).

The BandContourTerrain.py example is pretty close to what I'd like to
generate but I can't seem to get anything that works.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm having a little trouble
"getting" VTK.  Thanks!

- Brian Ramos