[vtkusers] vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D and offscreen rendering

Mark Wyszomierski markww at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 14:15:05 EDT 2005

I believe I ran into the a similar problem before, I wanted to
save what was currently being rendered to screen to an
image file using vtkWindowToimageFilter. This did not work
with the 3d texture volume mapper, but it did for the rest of the
volume renderers. I had to write some code to extract the pixel data
left in the screen buffer, and this worked ok. Sorry I can't be
more specific, this was about 2 months ago, but I posted a
better explanation of what I did to the mailing list at that point,
it should still be in the archives. Hopefully this can give you
some ideas if the general problems are the same,
 Mark