[vtkusers] compiling on G5

roger ghanem ghanem at usc.edu
Tue Oct 18 02:33:52 EDT 2005

I am compiling on G5, with OSX 10.4, gcc 4.0.0
(I had no problem compiling the same configuration on a powerbook G4)

On the G5, I get the following error (I assume it is not linking with libvtkCommonPython.so, which
has been compoiled into ./bin/, but I could not figure out to force linking with this library):  any help
will be greatly appreciated.

/usr/local/eng_sci/vtk-darwin/Filtering: building default_target
Building shared module /usr/local/eng_sci/vtk-darwin/bin/libvtkFilteringPython.so...
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_PyArg_ParseTuple
_PyArg_VTKParseTuple
_PyFloat_FromDouble
_PyInt_FromLong
_PyString_FromString
_PyVTKClass_Check
_PyVTKClass_New
__Py_NoneStruct
vtkPythonGetObjectFromPointer(vtkObjectBase*)
vtkPythonGetPointerFromObject(_object*, char const*)
_PyVTKClass_vtkLocatorNew
_PyErr_Clear
_PyVTKClass_vtkScalarsToColorsNew
_Py_BuildValue
vtkPythonCheckArray(_object*, int, float*, int)
_PyVTKClass_vtkImplicitFunctionNew
_PyVTKClass_vtkSourceNew
vtkPythonCheckArray(_object*, int, int*, int)
_PyVTKClass_vtkPointLocatorNew
_PyVTKClass_vtkDataObjectNew
_PyVTKClass_vtkCollectionNew
_PyVTKClass_vtkObjectNew
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [/usr/local/eng_sci/vtk-darwin/bin/libvtkFilteringPython.so] Error 1
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Filtering] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

Thank you
Roger Ghanem

Roger Ghanem