[vtkusers] Compile Error on Fedora Core 3

Eric Engelhard eric at appliedgenex.com
Mon Oct 17 13:17:02 EDT 2005

I searched the list archive for this compile error, but was unable to locate
it.

I am attempting to compile VTK-4.4-LatestRelease using cmake-2.0.6-x86-linux
on a Fedora Core 3 install. I used the cmake -i option and compiling with make
functioned without issue until the following link error:

Linking CXX executable bin/vtk
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l-Wl,-rpath,.:/home/eric/VTK/VTK/bin:/usr/X11R6/lib
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [bin/vtk] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Wrapping/Tcl/CMakeFiles/vtk.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Has anyone dealt with and/or resolved this error?

Thanks,

Eric Engelhard