[vtkusers] reading of an unstructued grid from netCDF-file

Jens jens-devel at gmx.de
Mon Oct 17 12:32:32 EDT 2005

Hi
I would like to read an unstructured grid from a netCDF-File with my private
format to vtk. I have seen that I could do it with
	1) create vtkUnstructuredGrid
	2) vtkUnstructuedGrid::Allocate(CellCount, CellCount)
	3) loop over all Cells
		3a) create vtkPoints ->voxelPoints ...
		3b) create vtkVoxel ->voxel ...
		3c)  vtkUnstructuredGrid::InsertNextCell( voxel... )
		3d) vtkUnstructuedGrid:: SetPoints( voxelPoints... )

Question:
I have datasets with millions of cells and wonder if there is any possibility
to create the unstructured grid in a faster way.
Can I use vtkUnstructuredGrid::SetCells() for this ?

		Jens