[vtkusers] using Vtk with Java

Ziad Rahhal ziz79 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 06:33:04 EDT 2005

Hi,

Thank you Yoan for your help. I have tried several
things, but still didn't make it work:

1. I have successfully compiled the "Cone" example
   (attached). But running it gave me the following
    message: "The application has failed to start
              because jawt.dll was not found"

from the console: "exception in thread "main"
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program
Files\vtk42\bin\vtkRenderingJava.dll: Can't find
dependent libraries....

   I have looked at jawt.dll and found it in vtk42\lib

2. I have also successfully compiled "simpleVTK"
   example (attached), but this time a different error
   occured while running it:

"exception in thread
"main"java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit

3. I have tried to compile the .Java files in
Wrapping\Java and the compiler complained about things
like vtkPanel and vtkCanvas, that it couldn't resolve
those symbols.

I hope this could be fixed. I feel there is something
mising with this Wintel Pre-Compiled Binaries,
vtk42-LatestRelease.exe. Is there any solution or
should I build vtk by myself.

By the way I am not using any IDE to compile, just for
editing purposes.

Thank you,

Ziad

--- Yoan BLANC <greut.lists at dosimple.ch> wrote:

> Ziad Rahhal wrote:
>
> >Dear vtk users,
> >
> >I have j2sdk-1.4.1 and I installed vtk4.2 (From the
> >Wintel Pre-Compiled Binaries,
> vtk42-LatestRelease.exe)
> >
> >My directory structure: Program Files
> >                                  vtk42
> >                                     bin
> >                                       vtk.jar
> >
> >What should I exactly do with "vtk.jar" in order to
> be
> >able to work with vtk using Java?
> >I saw some hints in the mailing list but I couldn't
> >track the problem that guy had from the beginning.
> So
> >I couldn't configure it properly.
> >

> Play with the examples (in Wrapping)
>
> Wrapping\Java\ javac -classpath ..\..\bin\vtk.jar:.
> *.java
> java -classpath ..\..\bin\vtk.jar:. TestVTKCanvas
>
> >By the way I am using the Sun ONE Studio as an IDE.
> >And I will be working with GUI and a Medical
> dataset.
> >

> IDE are evil ;-)
>
> Yoan

Yahoo! Music Unlimited