[vtkusers] Texture Mapping Problem....Please Help !!!!!

Deepak Roy cdeepakroy at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 18:42:33 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am trying to displaying a 3D surface of a human body with texture, all captured from a 3D scan. I am using vtkTecture to assosciate the actor with the texture.

The problem is:

I see a pattern of cracks on surface when displayed with texture. These cracks are not present in the basic geometry of the model as the surface when visualised without texture appears fine and smooth. I am 100% sure that this is the problem with texture mapping.

One more thing that was wierd was that i see more or less the same pattern of tracks on each model i display.

Could anyone explain the reason why this is happening?

I guess the problem is with the edge clamping used while mapping the texture. But vtkTexture does not give me any control on how to change these parameters.

How can i change the these parameters and control the way texture mapping is done. Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Deepak