FW: [vtkusers] Using and/or seperating original image colors

don.casteel don.casteel at delphi.com
Fri Oct 14 14:41:27 EDT 2005

I haven't seen any replies to my questions and thought maybe my post
didn't go out......

In short I want to read in a series of BMP or PNG images and display
them as a volume with the original colors and opacity (RGB or RGBA). It
seems simple enough, but for some reason vtk doesn't make it obvious how
to do it.

I can read in the images and display them as a volume, but only with
color and opacity gradients, not the original colors.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I'd also like to separate a 3D image into multiple 3D images (1-Red,
1-Green, 1-Blue, 1-Alpha) so I can create contour surfaces for each.
(again, I am able to make contour surfaces, just not the ones I need)

Any suggestions on this one?

Thanks

Don