[vtkusers] Lack of Build Support for OS X

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Nov 23 10:47:35 EST 2005

On 2005-11-23 10:29, Mike Jackson said:

>      I would like to take issue with Kitware's apparent lack of
>caring for the OS X platform. *SNIP*

Well, let's please not start a flame war here, but I just want to say
that I have found Kitware very helpful and interested it the Mac.  The
vtk/cmake combination is somewhat notorious for compilation problems,
and not just on the Mac.  It took me a while to get things compiling
nicely, but once it started working, it kept working.  I have filed
several Mac bugs against vtk and 7 of the 12 have been fixed.  That's a
better fraction than the bugs I've filed with Apple, let me tell
you! :)  I think you will find that once you've got it compiling, that
vtk and Cocoa work well together.

Take care,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com