[vtkusers] - Help about vtk+mpich2

fabio depascalis fabio.depascalis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 04:25:02 EST 2005

Hi vtk users,

I need Help about ParallelIsoTest example

I'm trying to use vtk + Mpich2  so I have built the vtk.dsw  using cmake

I have used cmake with this parameters :

VTK_USE_PARALLEL             ON

VTV_USE_PATENTED             ON

VTK_USE_MPI                    ON

VTK_MPI_PREFLAGS                     -NP 2

VTK_MPI_MAX_NUMPROCS                2

VTK_MPIRUN_EXE            c:\programmi\mpich2\bin\mpiexec.exe

MPI_LIBRARY                     c:\programmi\mpich2\lib\mpi.lib

MPI_INCLUDE_PATH            c:\programmi\mpich2\include

MPI_EXTRA_LIBRARY                   c:\programmi\mpich2\lib\mpe.lib

So I had error compiling vtkMPIController.cxx and
vtkMPICommunicator.cxxthat I solved adding this line

at the beginning of the code

#define MPICH_SKIP_MPICXX

Now I can compile and link the example: ParallelIsoTest

But when I LAUNCH:  mpiexec –np 2 ParallelIsoTest.exe

Nothing happen….