[vtkusers] Deprecated includes in VTK

Mike Jackson maillist at bluequartz.net
Tue Nov 22 23:53:31 EST 2005

I compiled VTK 5 using the HEAD of CVS from last night. I tried
static Libraries, but that died after a while. So I tried Dynamic
Libraries with COCOA ON, CARBON OFF, and X OFF. Testing ON and
Examples OFF. This seemed to compile ok.

The point of all that was to get the vtkDecimate code from CVS/
Patented/Attic so that we can use it in our pipeline (vtkDecimatePro
gives inferior results for our data set. We need to be able to
control the aspect ratio of the generated triangles). When I try to
compile vtkDecimate.h I get link errors where the linker can not find
the vtkDecimate::New symbol. System is OS X 10.4.3 and Xcode 2.2 (gcc
4.0.1). I tried some other variations of this, like building static
instead of dynamic libraries, then I would get other linker errors,
like the _MPProcessors symbol not found.

Is it really this hard to compile VTK?

On Nov 22, 2005, at 7:02 PM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

>> And if it does compile, then I get link errors. Something about
>> _MPProcessors.
>
> Ok that's a beggining :)

---
Mike Jackson