[vtkusers] Deprecated includes in VTK

Mike Jackson maillist at bluequartz.net
Tue Nov 22 18:55:26 EST 2005

On Nov 22, 2005, at 12:07 PM, Sean McBride wrote:

> On 2005-11-21 19:02, Mike Jackson said:
>
>> // WARNING: The classes defined in this header are DEPRECATED.  This
>> // header is defined in section D.7.1 of the C++ standard, and it
>> // MAY BE REMOVED in a future standard revision.  You should use the
>> // header <sstream> instead.
>>
>> Is this just a GCC 4.x thing, a Mac thing or something else?
>
> It's not just a Mac thing.  It a C++ standard thing.  VTK needs to be
> updated.  I filed a bug some time ago:
> <http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=1953&pos=0>
>
> Maybe you'd like to fix it. :)
>
> --

I could. And then I am left with a forked version of VTK that I can
not commit to cvs. Also, since VTK 5 doesn't actually compile for me
(OS X 10.4.3 and Xcode 2.2) I am still back at VTk 4.2.

And if it does compile, then I get link errors. Something about
_MPProcessors.

---
Mike Jackson
mike _at_ bluequartz dot net