[vtkusers] Unresolved external using vtkImageReader, vtkImageReader2

Vetria Byrd byrdv at cis.uab.edu
Tue Nov 22 12:25:51 EST 2005

I am getting a linker error:  LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkImageReader * __cdecl
vtkImageReader::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkImageReader@@SAPAV1 at XZ)

When I try to implement the following lines of code:

vtkImageReader *volReader = vtkImageReader::New();

 volReader->SetDataExtent(0,5,0,5,0,5);

 volReader->SetFilePrefix("C:/data/slice");

 volReader->SetDataSpacing(1,1,1);

 volReader->Update();

When I remove this block of code the code compiles.

I am getting the same error message when I try using vtkImageReader2.

If I modify the code to use vtkVolume16Reader I get the same linker error.

The include files vtkImageReader.h, vtkImageReader2.h and
vtkVolume16Reader.h are in the same location as all other .h files.

Does anyone have any suggestions/solutions?

Vetria L. Byrd

Doctoral Student

University of Alabama at Birmingham

Department of Computer & Information Sciences

Campbell Hall 113A

Email:  <mailto:byrdv at cis.uab.edu> byrdv at cis.uab.edu

Phone: (205) 934-2213

HPC Lab: (205) 934-5804