[vtkusers] Dynamically inserting data using graphical interface

erwann.houzay erwann.houzay at laposte.net
Tue Nov 22 11:46:02 EST 2005

Hi

I'm a newby using VTK... I'm looking for a library to dynamically load and process data using a 3D powerfull interface....

I tried a few VTK. I've understand that it's necessary to load data's into a dataset for rendering and processing...

In my applications I need to process 3D data dynamically changing the data set. For example, I need to apply a filter to a dataset, view the result and remove/add some elements using the graphical interface or not and apply then others filters...

I don't find any convenient methods to remove or add data dynamically data in a dataset(Unstructured Grid and PolyData) without copying all the dataset or create a new one (well I have to manage 2 000 000 of points "interactively" and big images in the same time->50M)...

The "pipe" structure of VTK seems to not be designed for this purpose... Am I true? Or just I miss somethinig in the docs....

I plane to use VTK for Laser Scanner datas...

Thanks for your answers

Erwann