[vtkusers] VTK Java implementation

Ziad Rahhal ziz79 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 22 10:17:26 EST 2005

Hi,

I think you must add the path of vtk.jar in the PATH
of your  environment variables. Otherwise you need to
add it explicitly to your command line like:

  javac -classpath .;c:\VTKBin\bin\vtk.jar Cone.java

  java -classpath .;c:\VTKBin\bin\vtk.jar Cone

Hope this will help.

Ziad

--- "don.casteel" <don.casteel at delphi.com> wrote:

> VTK works fine with TCL and I've been using it for a
> while now.
>
> But I'm having trouble implementing VTK in Java.
>

> I have installed the latest windows version of VTK
> via the downloaded
> windows binary executable vtk42-LatestRelease.exe
>

> My path and Classpath environment variables are set
> up correctly.
>
> I was getting a jawt.dll not found error, but have
> fixed that by
> sourcing the library in the java class file.
>
> The Cone.java example and my project file both
> compile without errors.
>

> However...  when I try to run either class I get the
> following error
>
> ----------------------------------
>
> C:\j2sdk1.4.2_06\My Java\My_3D\Flames3D>java Cone
>
> Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit
>
>         at vtk.vtkConeSource.VTKInit(Native Method)
>
>         at

vtk.vtkObject.<init>(C:/martink/vtk42/vtkdist/java/vtk/vtkObject.java:98
> )
>
>         at

vtk.vtkProcessObject.<init>(C:/martink/vtk42/vtkdist/java/vtk/vtkProcess
> Object.java:86)
>
>         at

vtk.vtkSource.<init>(C:/martink/vtk42/vtkdist/java/vtk/vtkSource.java:86
> )
>
>         at

vtk.vtkPolyDataSource.<init>(C:/martink/vtk42/vtkdist/java/vtk/vtkPolyDa
> taSource.java:30)
>
>         at

vtk.vtkConeSource.<init>(C:/martink/vtk42/vtkdist/java/vtk/vtkConeSource