[vtkusers] How to extract the geometry a small list of points in the whole vtkPolyData ??? Please Help !!!!

Deepak Roy cdeepakroy at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 11:35:50 EST 2005

hello,

  I have an open surface in the form of a vtkPolyData.

  Now my algorithm gives a list of connected points in the whole model.

  For example, if u consider the model of a human body, and say my algorithm gives the list of all points on the nose in the form of another vtkPolyData

  Now i want to use these list of points to extract the nose from the whole vtkPolyData model of the human body.

  One thing to note, the geometry corresponding to the list of points, will be connected , so no need to worry in that sense.

  Can anyone tell what filters of VTK  i can use to achieve this task ? Given the list of points the filter should give me the corresponding geometry extracted from the whole model. It should pull out all the cells corresponding to these points.

  Can vtkClipPolyData do this ?

  I can easily create a scalar array, with label for each point if it is inside or ouside my list of points. Will this be useful. OR is there anyother way ?

  Please help Me !!!!!

  Bye

  Deepak