[vtkusers] RenderWindow Interactor on Mac OS X

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 15 05:02:15 EST 2005

Anusha wrote:
> Hi
>
> I can see from the forums that you have to do certain things to get be
> able to interact with VTK on a mac. I've just compiled vtk-py23 on my
> mac which works fine except for the fact that none of the mouse
> buttons/keyboard commands are recognised (I'm running tcl scripts
> through apple's X11 using Panther 10.3.9).

 From what you say I understand that you installed the Fink package
vtk-py23-4.4.0-6. Is this right? Some of the problems you are seeing
have disappeared in the not-being-released vtk-5.0. I have now copied
the Fink package for version 5.0-0.20051008.3 to 10.3/unstable (until
now it was only available for 10.4). Could you try to upgrade your
vtk-py23 to this version and see if this helps? If you have been using
the 10.3/stable tree, you will need to activate unstable in order to get
this version.

--
Martin