[vtkusers] RenderWindow Interactor on Mac OS X

Anusha ats36 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Nov 15 04:20:04 EST 2005

Hi

I can see from the forums that you have to do certain things to get be
able to interact with VTK on a mac.  I've just compiled vtk-py23 on my
mac which works fine except for the fact that none of the mouse
buttons/keyboard commands are recognised (I'm running tcl scripts
through apple's X11 using Panther 10.3.9).  Having read previous
messages, there seem to be 2 ways of overcoming this problem....

> You need to do one of two things to get your executable to properly
> register with the MacOS X window manager:
>
> 1) Add a resource fork to the file using the command "Rez Carbon.r -o
> foo". This will add some resources to your file, but note that this
> means that you now have a unique MacOS X file. You cannot back it up
> with tar or zip without losing information. Resource forks are
> depreciated in the current MacOS in favor of...
>
> 2) Package your executable within a MacOS X application package:
> mkdir -p foo.app/Contents/MacOS
> cp foo foo.app/Contents/MacOS

I can not put my Tcl script in an application as Tcl is an interpreted
and not compiled language, and I don't understand what how to use a
'resource fork' as 'rez' does not seem to be recognised as a command on
my mac.  Can anyone help??

Cheers!
Anusha