[vtkusers] software for generating structured grids from point clouds

Witold Seweryn witek at picknowl.com.au
Sat Nov 12 20:26:24 EST 2005

Hi All

I have spent some time developing software for generating structured vtk grids from point clouds. My goal was to be able to visualize scalar fields both in 2d and 3d. This software, which I called EasyGrid will allow  to create volume (x,y,z,v) and surface(x,y,v) grids from scattered data points. Software uses rectangular coordinates and creates rectilinear grids. It supports fixed and delimited ascii data files. Resulting grids can be saved to various ascii files and to vtk files.  Vtk files can be viewed using Paraview or MayaVi. EasyGrid runs on windows platform and its setup installation file is available for download from my website: http://homepages.picknowl.com.au/witek/easygrid.htm <http://homepages.picknowl.com.au/witek/easygrid.htm>   .
I would like  to ask vtk users or people interested to download the software and test it. So far I tested it with only one dataset and was happy with results, but I realize it is not sufficient testing.
I would like to hear from users, if they can use this software for their own purpose and whether they find it useful.
There is a windows help file integrated with the software and it should provide sufficient information, but I am happy to answer questions. My email is: witek at picknowl.com.au <mailto:witek at picknowl.com.au>
I look forward to hear from you.
Thank you.

Witold Seweryn