[vtkusers] Custom interaction in Tk

Roger Blum roger_blum at swissonline.ch
Wed Nov 9 01:28:04 EST 2005

Hello vtk users,

I am looking for a way to customize the interactive behaviour of 2
vtkTkRenderWidgets (with different behaviour).

The vtk user guide (I am using vtk ver. 4.4) says in chapter 13.5 on page
269 that the best way is to "... make a copy of bindings-rw.tcl and
bindings.tcl ...".

I am wondering if this is really the way to go. Why can't I define my own
vtkRenderWindowInteractors to handle my custom interaction?

I have tried to adapt the example CustomInteraction.tcl in the Tcl GUI
examples. This does custom interaction the way I would like to do it, but
uses no vtkTkRenderWidget. But all I got a crashing vtk (no error
message!?!).

Thanks for any explanation and help solving this problem.
Roger